Polanki’s annual College Achievement Awards recognize students who have demonstrated high achievement and who are committed to understanding, preserving, or disseminating Polish culture and or language.
- U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Junior, senior or graduate status during the applicable academic year in an accredited degree program
- Wisconsin resident OR attending a Wisconsin college or university
- Of Polish ancestry OR have studied Polish language, history, society, or culture OR significantly engaged in Polish culture
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a four-point scale preferred
- Applicants are limited to no more than two awards in their academic career.
Past recipients may reapply:
- As a graduate student if they previously received an award as an undergraduate
- If they completed the course of study for which they previously received an award and are pursuing a new degree in another accredited degree program Awards:
The following awards may be offered in amounts ranging from $750 to $2000:
- Stanley F. and Helen Balcerzak Award for an outstanding student in any field
- Copernicus Award for an outstanding student in a science field
- Robert J. Leonard Memorial Award for a student engaged in dance or theater
- Harriet Gostomski Memorial Award for a UW-Milwaukee student
- George Niemczycki Memorial Award and other specially-funded memorial awards for students in any field
NOTE: All applicants are automatically considered for all awards for which they meet the qualifications.