Ah, Polish Fest. This annual extravaganza of all things Polish takes place each June at the Summerfest grounds and is always eagerly anticipated by the Milwaukee community. Guests crowd the grounds to listen to Polish music, eat Polish food, buy Polish gift items, and soak up Polish culture.
Therefore, Polanki is delighted to sponsor the Cultural Village at Polish Fest, featuring:
- Artist demonstrations: see woodworkers, painters, metalworkers and more create uniquely Polish art
- Hands-on craft training: pull up a chair and create a small Polish craft item under the cheerful tutelage of one of our Polanki members
- Talks and presentations: learn some fascinating facts from some of Milwaukee’s favorite cultural historians
- Polish organizations: chat with Polish genealogy groups as well as many other Polish organizations in the Milwaukee area
- Cultural exhibits: browse through exhibits that have included the history of Polish folk costumes, illustrated folk tales, and other topics
- Book sale: pick up a gently used book on Polish history or culture
The Cultural Village is the true heart of Polish Fest. Be sure to stop by!